THE LED (AND LASER) MUSEUM
NEEDS A LAPTOP COMPUTER
Just like it reads above...The LED (and Laser) Museum needs a replacement (gently used is fine) laptop computer.
The reason is that my current computer (which I got in 2006) is starting to go down the tube -- it's slower than molasses in February, it's giving me unrecoverable HDD errors, and requires constant restarting. Yes, I've tried a number of PC repair utilities and I frequently defragment the disk.
- Must have Windows XP installed (the test equipment such as my spectrometer and laser power meter connected to my existing computer can run on XP only); please no Windows 7 or 8!!!.
- Should have a CPU speed of at least 1.50GHz.
- Should have 2GB of RAM, though I can live with 1.
- Hard disk capacity should be at least 40GB; though I would like larger.
- Must have at least two USB ports (a root port which I can connect to my USB hub, and another primarily for charging cameras, MP3 players, flashlights, and the like), though I'd prefer more.
- Battery power does not need to be operational; though it would be nice if it was.
I found one on Amazon.com at www.amazon.com... for just $217.88 with free shipping; this computer looks like it will fill the bill as it were.
Here's another one for only $99.99 plus $10.49 for shipping!
And here's another for $140 with free shipping!!!
And here's yet another for $129.99 plus $11.89 shipping!!!!!
And here's yet another (on TigerDirect this time) for $289.99 with free shipping.
If you can get your hands on any of these (or any such a critter from any retailer for that matter!), please send it to The LED (and Laser) Museum at:
The LED (and Laser) Museum
c/o Craig Johnson
32820 20th Ave S. Unit 4
Federal Way, WA, 98003-9428
If you require additional information, please contact me at email@example.com.
You will receive a page on this website acknowledging your gift; your name and address will of course be omitted to help protect your privacy unless stated otherwise.
Thank you ever so much ahead of time!!!
Do you manufacture or sell an LED flashlight, task light, utility light, or module of some kind?
Want to see it tested by a real person, under real working conditions? Do you then want to see how your light did? If you have a sample available for this type of
real-world, real-time testing, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit this web page for contact information.
Unsolicited flashlights, LEDs, and other products appearing in the mail are welcome, and it will automatically be assumed that you sent it in order to have it tested and evaluated for this site.
Be sure to include contact info or your company website's URL so visitors here will know where to purchase your product.
This page is a frame from a website.
If you arrived on this page through an outside link,you can get the "full meal deal" by clicking here.